Saturday, December 30, 2006
FATHER AND DAUGHTER (Michael Dudot de Wit)

Well, I watched this film on VTV3 several years ago. When I first watched this, there was a feeling of regret in me though the ending is not quite sad. Uhm, this is the general feeling when you see this film, it's full of feeling, deep thought, etc. that can make you cry easily.







However, What I wanna share to ya here is the debate that I once see on a blog : " Is the love not only waiting?". In the film, you can see that the girl has been waiting for the return of her father for a very long time till the end of the life. Finally, she did go to the dry river to find the truth. THere were 2 ideas, one is that the girl should go and find her dear father from the beginning, that's the love. For the second idea, that she has to be patient to wait for her father for a very long time, it's the love. I myself think that, the love here is both the waiting and the finding of the girl. She can wait for a very long time and she was brave to find the truth, to find her father.
Well, besides the content of the film, I really like the sound of this short film especially the "Blue Danube" song. They really married the animation of the film.
 
posted by Melanie at 6:55 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: